Do you get subscribers that register with your WordPress site but never post any comments. These are probably spam subscribers where someone has set up an automated piece of software to create these users.
They are a real menace and you can often tell if they are spam by looking at the email address and the registered name. Usually there is no relationship between the person’s name and the email address.
This short plugin will delete the subscriber 7 days after registering if they have not posted a comment or not submitted a post and have a role of subscriber. A delay of 7 days is included to allow time for the registered user to make their comment.
A scheduled job runs every day and checks for those type of users and deletes them.
WordPress has 5 default roles of:
* Admininstrator – has access to all adminstrative options and features.
* Editor – can manage and publish posts.
* Author – can publish their own posts.
* Contributer – can write posts but cannot publish them.
* Subscriber – has basic functionality such as leaving comments and changing their profile. This is usually the default role that a registered user will have.
This script specifically targets subscribers as it is those that create comments.
For details of the plugin refer to web site http://www.withinweb.com/withinwebremovespam/
It uses a WordPress type CRON job to automatically run each day, hence once installed you don’t have to do anything.
You can set a debugging mode which will send out an email each time that a user is removed.
Minor text changes.
Minor text changes.
Ảnh màn hình
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload withinweb remove subscribers to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- In the ‘Settings’ menu, you can enter an email address to send debugging information which will be run whenever a user is deleted.
- To test, create a new user with a type of ‘subscriber’.
- In the settings page, set debugging to ‘Yes’ and put in valid email addresses.
- After 7 days you should get an email that says your user has been deleted.
- You may also want to create a user with type of ‘editor’ and you should see that this user is not deleted after 7 days.
- Another test is to create a user with role of subscriber, create a post or comment by that user. After 7 days the user should not have been deleted.
- Can you change the duration of the CRON job
At the moment the only way would be to change the duration is editing the main code. It is currently set to 7 days.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Người đóng góp & Lập trình viên
“Remove Unwanted Subscribers” là mã nguồn mở. Những người sau đã đóng góp vào plugin này.Những người đóng góp
Dịch “Remove Unwanted Subscribers” sang ngôn ngữ của bạn.
Muốn tham gia phát triển?
Duyệt code, check out SVN repository, hoặc theo dõi nhật ký phát triển qua RSS.