Changing your link structure in WordPress can lead to all of your old links breaking and returning a “404”. But no more! If someone goes to an old link for your site, I’ll find the new link and redirect them there automatically.
No configuration. No one-by-one setting of the new link structures. No wrestling with complicated regex patterns. Just install me and relax.
Redirect 404s works with posts, pages, and custom post types (like ecommerce products).
- Note – the plugin only works for permalink structures where the last “chunk” of the URL is the post name (also called the slug).
- Upload the plugin folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu
- How do I configure the plugin?
No configuration necessary! I automatically tests all 404 links to see if they might resolve to an existing post. If I find a post that matches, I’ll just redirect the visitor to that post.
- How do you know when a post matches?
I take the last “chunk” of the URL and assume it’s a post name. Then I search for any posts with that name. If I find one, I redirect the user to the post I found. Since I use this method, I won’t work for all permalink structures. But the vast majority end in the post name, so I’ll work just fine on most sites.
- Do you work with custom post types like ecommerce products?
Sure do! I’ll search all public post types for the post name to see if I find one.
Người đóng góp & Lập trình viên
“Redirect Old Links” là mã nguồn mở. Những người sau đã đóng góp vào plugin này.Những người đóng góp
Nhật ký thay đổi
- 1.0.0 Initial release to wordpress.org repository
- 0.2 Update the query to search for all post names, instead of just matching off of
- 0.1 Initial release