Sets uploaded media filename to lowercase as filter on sanitize_file_name. Based on post at Stack Overflow asking if there is a way to “Rename files during upload within WordPress 3.0 backend”.
Created for WordPress 3.0.1+ which saves any uploaded media filename (Image, Video, Audio) as lowercase. This effectively changes the name of the file at upload if a user were to upload a file with any uppercase characters.
- MOVIE-FILE.MOV > movie-file.mov
- Movie-File.wmv > movie-file.wmv
- ImAgEfILe.gif > imagefile.gif
- imageFile.JPG > imagefile.jpg
- ETC > etc
Note: WordPress sets file extension to lowercase. This plugin does a strtolower on the filename.
Thêm thông tin
Ảnh màn hình
- Download the plugin and unzip it.
- Upload the folder /make-filename-lowercase to your /wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- Activate the plugin from your WordPress admin panel.
- Installation finished.
Why was this plugin created?
This plugin evolved from a client requirement that all uploaded media filenames contain no uppercase characters.
Why did you release this plugin?
It was useful to me and I wanted to work through the process of releasing a WordPress plugin.
Why shouldn’t this just be added to a theme’s functions.php file?
Upgradeability, portability, backwards compatibility, and other *abilities. If for some reason this function were in need of customization due to a WordPress version upgrade, the plugin will be centrally responsible for releasing the fix as opposed to updating the theme(s).
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Người đóng góp & Lập trình viên
“Make Filename Lowercase” là mã nguồn mở. Những người sau đã đóng góp vào plugin này.Những người đóng góp
Muốn tham gia phát triển?
Nhật ký thay đổi
- moved plugin screenshots to assets directory
- added cool header banner for plugin repository
- Tested for 3.3.1
- Initial release