By default, all images in WordPress posts link to themselves. When a user sees a link, they click on it, and the image shows up by itself for no apparent reason. This has several drawbacks:
- This is bad for SEO because these links are dead ends.
- User experience is diminished due to wasted clicks.
- Potential for higher bounce rate since no easy method is provided to get back to the site except for the browser “Back” button.
This plugin uses a standards compliant HTML DOM parser (http://sourceforge.net/projects/simplehtmldom/). It does not use regular expressions (regex) to accomplish link removal and therefore will not break your site pages or mess up your theme.
- Download the latest zip file and extract the
- Upload this directory inside your
- Activate ‘LCS Image Nolink’ on the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Why does WordPress create image self-links?
This is the default WordPress functionality and cannot be turned off using regular settings.
- Will your plugin break some pages on my site?
No. This plugin uses an HTML DOM parser and is fully standards compliant. A few other plugins use regular expressions which tend to remove too much HTML and mess page display in many cases.
- What about legitimate links for images?
As long as the link doesn’t point to the image itself, or any of the WordPress auto-resized variations of itself, the link will work normally.
- Are there any options or settings for this plugin?
No. This plugin is fully automatic. Just activate, and enjoy immediate results.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Người đóng góp & Lập trình viên
“LCS Image Nolink” là mã nguồn mở. Những người sau đã đóng góp vào plugin này.Những người đóng góp
Nhật ký thay đổi
Prevent PHP errors if DOM parser does not return an object.
Minor wording change in description.
Original stable version.