A WordPress plugin that adds following features to use WordPress as a headless CMS with any front-end environment using REST API
This plugin provides multiple features and you can use the one’s that is relevant to your front-end application. You don’t necessarily need to use all.
- Custom REST API Endpoints.
- Social links in customizer.
- Image uploads for categories.
- Custom header and footer menus.
- Custom Widgets.
- Custom Header, Footer, Schema GraphQL fields when using wp-graphql plugin
- Adds option to add social links in customizer
- Registers two custom menus for header ( menu location = hcms-menu-header ) and for footer ( menu location = hcms-menu-footer )
- Registers the following sidebars
- HCMS Footer #1 with sidebar id ‘hcms-sidebar-1’
- HCMS Footer #2 with sidebar id ‘hcms-sidebar-2’
Available Custom REST API endpoints
Get single post ( GET request ):
Get posts by page no: ( GET Request ) :
Get header and footer date: ( GET Request )
* Get the header data ( site title, site description , site logo URL, menu items ) and footer data ( footer menu items, social icons )
- Get posts by page no: ( GET Request )
* Get the posts by taxonomy
- Registers the sections for socials icons in the customizer
- Social icons urls for ‘facebook’, ‘twitter’, ‘instagram’, ‘youtube’
- Image upload features for categories
- Provides Image upload features for categories.
- Plugin Settings Page
- Settings for getting data for a custom page like Hero section, Search section, Featured post section, latest posts heading.
Installation and Use
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/plugin-namedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Your can add social icons from customizer
- You can set up custom header and footer menus.
- You can add image to categories.
Demo of the Frontend applications that can be used with this plugin
Please check the demo of an example React front-end application, where this plugin can be used.
[2020-07-02] Demo 1.
[2020-09-29] Demo 2.
= Its not working.
Step 1. Check if your Plugin is activated.
Step 2. Deactivate all plugins and reactivate headless-cms.