You would like to integrate Google Maps on your website and are looking for a data protection compliant solution? You would like to show your website visitors where to find you, but at the same time you want to respect their privacy?
This is exactly where our new plugin supports you and ensures that you can integrate Google Maps on your website free of charge and in compliance with data protection regulations.
Instead of a map, we load a colored placeholder of your choice in the first step. Supplemented by a few words of your own, it becomes an attractive interaction surface for your visitors.
No data will be transferred to Google until your visitors click on the consent button. Only then will the correct map be loaded and your selected address displayed in Google Maps.
Both your placeholder and your Google Maps are mobile optimized and automatically adjust to the display size. You can also give both of them a maximum width to achieve the best optical result.
In this way you can protect the privacy of your visitors in accordance with DSGVO and at the same time give them the desired orientation to find you.
Would you like a live demo? Here you can find our own map, which we created with the plugin: www.exovia.de/kontakt/
YOUR 5 EASY TODOS
- Install and activate the plugin “exovia GDPR Google Maps”.
- Go to maps.google.com, enter your address in the search box and click Share
- Embed the copied HTML code into the iframe field in your plugin settings
- Adjust the colors and sizes of “exovia GDPR Google Maps” to your color scheme, web design and website conditions. Simply from your WP backend.
- Use the shortcode:
[exactly-gdpr-map]wherever you want your map to appear – e.g. on your contact or office pages – or even in the footer.
WHAT THE PLUGIN DOES FOR YOU
- Until the user’s consent has been explicitly given, it prevents the connection to Google’s servers (GDPR) and thus protects the privacy of your visitors.
- Thanks to an adjustable level, it reserves space for the card until it is loaded, thus stabilizing the design and impact of your website.
- Based on your color and size wishes, it ensures that your placeholder automatically adapts to your layout.
- Whether Classic Editor or Block Editor (Gutenberg): the plugin is compatible with both and makes sure that your settings are accepted and realized.
- You have a multilingual site? The plugin works in all languages and can be designed and re-written for specific pages. DE and EN are already translated as languages.
- offers a simple short code that allows you to use the secure cards anywhere.
BUGS & FEEDBACK
Your feedback is important to us. If you find mistakes, have wishes, ideas or suggestions, please send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This plugin was developed with love by our Hamburg-based web design agency exovia.
Legal notice (German): www.exovia.de/impressum/
You are free to use it on any website across countries to protect the privacy of your users.
Note: Of course, activating this plugin cannot guarantee that your website is completely compliant with the GDPR. When using Google Analytics or Facebook pixels, for example, other or additional measures must be taken.
Ảnh màn hình
This section describes how to install and run the plugin.
- login to /wp-admin
- go to Plugin -> Add new plugin
- Search for “exovia GDPR Google Maps”
- Install and activate the plugin directly from your WordPress backend
- Configure the “exovia GDPR Google Maps”, via the plugin settings
- Visit Google Maps to get your iframe code. For more information visit Google Support Forum
- Paste your code into the iframe input field of the plugin
- Use the shortcode:
[exactly-gdpr-map]anywhere on your website.
- Wrapp your map as you wish by giving it a max-width
- Look at your new Google Maps
Alternatively, the plugin can be installed by uploading it to your plugin files directory ‘wp-content/plugins/plugin-name’. The activation as well as all further steps are then carried out as usual from the WP-Admin area.
How do I get my iframe code
- Open Google Maps.
- Search for your desired address to customize the map to your liking.
- Open the menu in the upper left.
- Select split map or embed map.
- Click on embed Map.
- Copy the code and paste it into the iframe input field of the plugin
What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Basic Regulation (DSGVO) is a legal framework regulating the collection and processing of personal data of persons living in the European Union (EU).
For whom is the DSGVO relevant?
The Regulation applies regardless of where websites are located.
It must be complied with by all websites that attract European visitors. Even if goods and services are offered that are not specifically aimed at EU citizens.
What are shortcodes?
The shortcut for the plugin is
How can I use shortcodes in widgets?
The shortcode can be added either via normal text widgets or, best of all, via the shortcode widget [/], which is specially designed for short codes.
HTML widgets are not suitable for this.
Người đóng góp & Lập trình viên
“exovia GDPR Google Maps” là mã nguồn mở. Những người sau đã đóng góp vào plugin này.Những người đóng góp
Nhật ký thay đổi
- Addition of the initial version of the exovia GDPR Google Maps plugin