This plugin allows users to capitalize their headings using proper style rules. Automatically capitalize your titles in Title Case, AP style, APA style, Chicago style, MLA style, and more.
SEE SUGGESTED CAPITALIZATION IN YOUR POST OR PAGE
See suggested capitalization within your post so you don’t need to get distracted from your writing. Override headings which are quite capitalized correctly. The free version only provides recommendations for and capitalizes the main title of your post (title tags).
The plugin pulls from the Capitalize My Title API so you always have the most up-to-date capitalization rules.
Want recommendations for all of your headings instead of just the title? Get the Premium version of our plugin. to get a much more automated experience.
SET CUSTOM CAPITALIZATION RULES FOR DIFFERENT HEADERS
Want to use title case for your titles? You can! Want to have all of your titles in lowercase? You can! Configure individual styles and substyles per heading. It’s as easier as selecting them from the dropdown. With our Premium plugin you can even set individual styles of different headers.
WORKS WITH GUTENBERG AND PAGE BUILDERS
Our plugin works in Gutenberg and with many other page building plugins (including Generate Blocks, WPBakery Page Builder, etc.).
KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS TO CREATE HEADINGS IN GUTENBERG
You can now create headings in Gutenberg using two methods of shortcuts. This brings back functionality from the Classic Editor that was lost with the release of the Block Editor (also called Gutenberg).
To change the heading size of a block or to convert a paragraph to a heading, select the block and use the following shortcuts:
To change to H1 heading: SHIFT + ALT + 1
To change to H2 heading: SHIFT + ALT + 2
To change to H3 heading: SHIFT + ALT + 3
To change to H4 heading: SHIFT + ALT + 4
To change to H5 heading: SHIFT + ALT + 5
To change to H6 heading: SHIFT + ALT + 6
To create a new heading with a specific heading size (versus the default H2):
Press ENTER then /h1 to create an H1 heading
Press ENTER then /h2 to create an H2 heading
Press ENTER then /h3 to create an H3 heading
Press ENTER then /h4 to create an H4 heading
Press ENTER then /h5 to create an H5 heading
Press ENTER then /h6 to create an H6 heading
[PREMIUM] BULK UPDATE ALL HEADERS AND TITLES
With our Premium plugin you can automatically capitalize all headers in all pages, posts, menu items, and more with the click of a button.
[PREMIUM] KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS FOR CAPITALIZATION
Use one keyboard shortcut to capitalize all of your titles.
Premium Features for Capitalize My Title
- [Premium feature] – Capitalize all of your headings including title tags and H1-H6 tags.
- [Premium feature] – Use keyboard shortcuts to capitalize your headings in-line.
- [Premium feature] – See headline scores for all of your headings.
- [Premium feature] – Configure individual styles and substyles per heading so that you can use title case for H1-H2 and sentence case for everything else. It’s as easy as selecting them from the dropdown.
- [Premium feature] – Bulk update all of your headings.
See a demo video and a full list of features of the Capitalize My Title Premium plugin right here.
Editing/Creating New Pages or Posts:
Add a new post/page or edit an existing one and the title will automatically be capitalized.
To disable the plugin temporarily, uncheck the checkbox next to the title box.
Updating the Settings:
To change the capitalization style, go to Settings -> Capitalize My Title
Select the style you want to capitalize your titles with and then click “Save”
Add a new post/page or edit an existing one and once you start editing the title, it will be capitalized in the new style.
Ảnh màn hình
Unzip the file and upload the entire “capitalize-my-title” folder to the plugins folder (which is located at
Login to your WordPress Administration Panel
Go to the plugins tab, and activate the “Capitalize My Title” plug-in.
If there are no error messages, the plugin is properly installed.
Can I change the capitalization style?
Yes, just go to the “Capitalize My Title” settings.
What styles are available?
You have the following style options.
- APA: Capitalize using the APA style guide.
- Chicago: Capitalize using the Chicago Manual of Style capitalization rules.
- AP: Use the Associated Press Stylebook capitalization guidelines.
- MLA: Use the MLA Handbook title capitalization rules.
- NY Times: Use the NY Times style guidelines.
- Wikipedia: Use Wikipedia’s capitalization rules.
- Email: Use proper capitalization rules for email.
- Title Case: Capitalize only the words that should be capitalized according to the top tab style guide.
- Sentence Case: Capitalize only the first word of each sentence.
- Uppercase: Convert your title from lowercase to uppercase.
- Lowercase: Convert your title from uppercase to lowercase.
- First Letter: Capitalize the first letter of every word.
- Alt Case: Capitalize every other letter of your text starting with the first letter being capitalized.
- Toggle Case: Change the case of every letter in your string. Similar to the Microsoft Word feature.
Does this work with Gutenberg and other block editors?
What if I uninstall the plugin, what happens to all my titles?
All your titles will remain capitalized, even if you uninstall the plugin! Once you capitalize a title, it will just be text like any other post/page title.
Does this only work with posts?
No. Our plugin will work with most post and page types including FAQ pages, download pages, and others.
Người đóng góp & Lập trình viên
“Capitalize My Title WordPress Plugin” là mã nguồn mở. Những người sau đã đóng góp vào plugin này.Những người đóng góp
Muốn tham gia phát triển?
Nhật ký thay đổi
0.5.2, November 9, 2022
- Fixed: Minor issue with italics used in titles.
- Fixed: Minor issue with ampersands in titles.
- Fixed: Minor issue with quotes.
- Updated: Capitalization to latest version.
0.5.1, August 3, 2022
- Fixed: Minor bug with new shortcut codes in Classic Editor
- Updated: Capitalization to latest version
- Added: New shortcut codes and labels to quickly use headings in block editor (just type: /h1, /h2, etc/).
- Added: New shortcut codes in block editor to change a heading size or change regular text to header. This adds the functionality back that was lost when the Classic Editor was replaced with the Block Editor. Use SHIFT + ALT + 1, SHIFT + ALT + 2, etc. when selecting a block.
- Updated: Capitalization to latest version (new logic for sentence case and new acronyms).
- Fixed: Minor issue that caused slower typing and lagging on Classic Editor.
- Fixed: Made updates for WordPress 5.9.1
- Fixed: Made updates for WordPress 5.9
- Fixed: Updated capitalization logic and removed API dependence.
- Added: Sidebar widget in posts to show how many capitalization issues there are.
- Fixed: Made minor improvements to speed.
- Fixed: Updated capitalization logic and removed API dependence.
- Minor API updates
- MLA Handbook, 9th edition compatibility
- Minor security updates
- Initial release!